Thursday, March 03, 2005

Day 13 - Released

I came in to Greenbaum on the two's (2/22) and I now depart here on the three's (3/3). Blair was over for breakfast after I dilated, and then I started cleaning things up...and getting the flowers that everyone sent all arranged and either placed out at the nurse's station or with Connie who has another day here. I also started packing things into the respective bags. We were originally going to just walk to the hotel, but the hospital policy specifies that I need to be discharged to someone with a car or something. They called Dr. Meltzer's office and just asked Robin to pick me up at the same time as the woman who just had her labiaplasty the day before.

So, shower, dilate, lunch, and then we were gone as fast as I had arrived.

It was nice to finally get reconnected to the web at the hotel. I was deprived for so long.

So, I've moved into trying the 2 or tapered 2 during the midday dilations. I can get it past the PC muscle pretty decent, but there is still quite a bit of pain with it. I also can't get it in too far without a lot of pressure, and since I am ahead of schedule, I figure just getting it past the PC muscle is a bonus. So, I'll typically do at least my 15-20 minutes with #1, and then do a few bonus minutes with 2 or 2T.

Blair's little spot in my journal will be her words of wisdom for today: "I'm never eating a banana in public ever again." I guess a few guys were really intent on watching her eat breakfast this morning.

Tonite, Blair and I were meeting Connie for dinner. On the way to Greenbaum, we stopped off to pick up the pain killers I'd been prescribed...just in case. I'd previously used Walgreen pharmacies near me...before I changed my name, or perhaps it was because Dr. O had prescribed initial stuff in my old name since I didn't get a new ID until after FFS. Either way, I thought I'd had them update my information this past November with the hairline advancement. Guess not.

I gave the pharmacy guy my license to pick up the stuff that Janet had called in. He finds the item in their shelf system and brings it to the counter. He points to the label and says, "I have you down as [old boy name which can also be a girl's name]."

"Oh, that's my old name."

He looks on the computer, walks back to the counter and then whispers, "We also have you down as male. Would you like me to update your information in our system?"

"Sure."

As he's typing on the computer, he's asking me questions about my current information to make sure it is correct. I pay and he then asks how things are going for me, implying the surgery since they are right next door to the surgical center. I tell him that things are going very well. I ask him if he gets quite a few of us there.

"Oh yeah," then mentions that he's quite worldly and, "Girl, you've got nothing to worry about here."

After that, Connie, Blair, and I ate sushi down at Ra. It was pretty decent, although Amber and my mom seemed to have sub-par food when they ate there last week.

When we went back to Greenbaum to grab Connie before dinner, though, Dr. Meltzer, who was in the front area by the nurses, says, "I saw the rubber duck you got Connie," and grinned. Connie told Dr. Meltzer, Janet, and LaCrista how great it was to have it, and that they should include it with the dilators. How funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home