Saturday, February 26, 2005

Day 8 - Escape Attempt

So, let's do a little review of the food intake.

1st day - fruit/yogurt for breakfast, soup/salad for lunch and dinner

2nd day - fruit/yogurt for breakfast, mac n' cheese and salad for lunch, pasta and salad for dinner

3rd day - fruit/yogurt for breakfast, mac n' cheese and salad for lunch, chicken parmesan and salad for dinner

I've had fruit or a salad at all my meals. Today, though, I escaped for lunch. Or, actually, Mom escaped for me since Dr. Meltzer still hadn't arrived by noon. She ran next door to the Port of Subs and picked me up a turkey and bacon sandwich. Yum.

I also wanted to escape to the hotel to check my email since I can't access it here via their 'Get Well TV' internet service. They also have no ethernet connections that seem to work. Unfortunately, since Dr. Meltzer didn't arrive until after 1pm and Lisa from LA stopped by, that put my shower fairly late.

After I was cleaned up, I finally 'escaped' to the hotel for a little internet connection and a small nap. Amber was out trying to find me some sweat bottoms and since it was getting fairly late, she just brought some food back. I was up for a cheap burger, so she just got me a double cheeseburger and shake from Burger King.

I was back to Greenbaum before 7:30pm (the time the nurses change over). Julie has taken extra good care of me the past three day shifts. She's always awakened me with a cheerful greeting - reminiscent of Cocoon.

OK, well, I've lost track of the number of bowel movements today. I've had lots. They've kinda continued off last night's prune juice. Late tonite, I think I've finally caught up so that I have about a day's worth of food in me. TMI?

The blisters/sores are still there - still annoying - trying to heal, but it seems like a very slow progress. Laughing and coughing have also been very unique sensations. When I first laughed or coughed it felt very uncomfortable. I'd tighten my stomach muscles and brace for the pain. I've had a few coughing spells - mainly at night - that have kinda gotten me used to the feeling, plus having had time to heal, such that it doesn't feel that bad any more to cough or laugh....well, it doesn't hurt too bad. I haven't had to sneeze since surgery, though, but that could be a different experience.

I dug my small 'compact' mirror out of my purse just to kinda look at things since I can't see beyond the top of the incisions/sutures, but had seen my surgical site via pictures that Amber took for me. So, I made myself comfy on the bed and took a look downstairs.

Amber had trouble with a very sensitive and exposed clitoris and I hadn't even seen/felt mine. I can't tell if I can see it in the suture line or not, but it might be there. I also noticed a little bruising toward the bottom of the sutured labia, the only main bruising I've really noticed. I can feel sensation over most of the region except for a few areas down low along the suture line.

Otherwise, it basically looks like someone sewed my perineum together to form a labial monstrosity. It's very Frankenstein looking, especially with the huge sutures, swelling, discoloration, and general yuckiness.

Tonite, I have noticed a bit more bruising above my left leg...so I do actually have some bruising. It's more of a darker yellow color with a little purple mixed in. I've been gently massaging it - trying to keep it to a minimum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home