Monday, February 28, 2005

Day 10 - Amber's Turn

Amber's just been brought into her recovery room - the room she'll spend the next day on bed rest. She was supposed to go into surgery about mid-afternoon, but I don't think she made it into surgery until around 5pm. Mom and I sat with her in the staging area from around 2:30 until about 4 when I went upstairs to dilate. Mom stayed with Amber.

Just as I was about to dilate and I was sitting in the chair with my pants at my knees, there is a knock at my door and a 'Hello, it's me' from a male voice. I yell, "I'm dilating" before I recognize that it's Dr. Meltzer. He says, "It's ok, I don't think you can embarrass me with anything."

Frankly, I'm ok with about anyone seeing the surgical site and being there for dilation, but I do try to keep it fairly private so that I won't conditionally make vaginal intercourse a chore instead of something pleasurable. (I've found soft jazz music to be the best atmostphere in which to dilate thus far.) I've also had Amber take numerous pictures of my vagina during different points of recovery, so I guess some of it has more of a documentary type aspect.

So, Dr. Meltzer takes a brief look at things and I tell him that I have pain getting around the PC muscle and when the dilator hits the very top. He says I'm the second patient to tell him about the top pain today.

I'm trying to shoo him back downstairs since I know Amber is waiting, but then we talked a little about depth. I mention that I have about 5 1/4" to the vaginal opening and at least another 1/2" of labial tissue. He says that tissue will help create the total vaginal cavity after labiaplasty and that I should have adequate depth. I tell him I'm not even sure I'll need it since I don't know if I like guys or not. Anyway, I finally shoo him off and start dilating before there is another knock at the door and my scream that "I'm dilating." This time it's Janet from Dr. Meltzer's office so she just walks right in since she was the one who dilated me yesterday. We had a small conversation while I kept pressure on the end of the dilator and made circles with the end. She suggested buying a vibrator of sorts and I told her that Amber gave me a rubber ducky that vibrates. (I heard she was going to get me the red devil ducky - since I'm so mean - but they were out.)

In the past day, though, I've realized I can't feel my clitoris, but if I touch and press down on the area around it, I definitely get some good sensations from nerves that used to be connected to the glans. I've also noted decent shaft sensation on the area right above the clitoris. I've been told, though, that feeling should return to the clitoris after the swelling goes down and things are a little more healed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home