Saturday, February 19, 2005

Day 1 - Weather

After spending last night with a few friends talking over a nice little dinner, I was up until 4:30am packing everything into my suitcases. I got up around 7:30 in order to get to the airport in time for Amber and I to catch our flight to Phoenix. With inclement weather moving thru the area, though, we were actually delayed flying out.

I mainly slept on the plane...a flight that was surprisingly smooth considering the weather the entire way...that, or perhaps, I was just too tired to notice.

After checking into the hotel, Amber suggested a local comedy improv theatre with Paula Poundstone. I've heard her name before, but didn't really know who she was. We caught dinner then picked up a few items at the local grocery store. My main item was a couple bottles of water for Monday.

After the grocery store, we walked next door to see if they had a few items including invalid pillows and neosporin that I figured I would buy here after noticing that my regular tube was getting a little low. Amber also picked up a pillow as well, even though we have the red blow up ring that has been passed down from fellow Meltzer patients. Surprisingly, as we approached checkout (both of us with invalid pillows), we both noticed, ironically, that the cashier was T. She looked mid-20’s and like she was full time...but may have still been working as a guy. She had long hair, definite breast growth, wore women’s tights, and had no facial hair. Amber and I didn’t mention anything until we were both outside.

At the Paula Poundstone comedy event, she asked one of the women in the front row what she did. She said she was the financial officer for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender students at ASU. Very cool. Paula didn’t play on any of the subcategories, but had fun with trans stuff...like TransAtlantic, etc. She also didn't understand why everyone had such a big problem with gay marriage, and, of course, poked a little fun at the conservative right. She even had a little fun with being an athiest...about how people are always trying to convert her, but you never see it the opposite way: "Hey, Father...we need to talk about this crazy religion of yours."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home