Sunday, February 20, 2005

Day 2 - Morning Run

I went for a run this morning after finally getting a little sleep last night. I found a golf course to run toward, but soon noticed a hill/rock formation to run up. There were a few paths running thru the hills and I climbed up to the top of one of the lower hills. I took in the awesome view of Phoenix and Scottsdale from atop the hill.

Almost three years ago, I went running the evening I first went to therapy...just hours after getting out of the session...the first time I was really able to talk to someone about what I was feeling and how I wanted to transition.

On my run, the sun was slowly setting behind the Bay Area hill. As I reached the hill I sometimes run up, the sun's brilliant light disappeared behind the far hillside before I could make it to the top of mine. There was still enough light to navigate the hill and the rest of the path home, but I was hoping to reach the top to see the beautiful sunset.

This morning, I ran up this new hill. The view of the valley was nice. I could see the mountains in the distance as the white clouds moved overhead to the winds that have brought the latest rain showers to Phoenix. As I started back on my run, a woman wearing a nice running shirt with running tights ran past me going the other direction. One bonus after SRS will be the ability to finally wear a little more revealing stuff when running...such as what she was wearing. As I reached the parking lot, I saw a car just like mine...except it was green. Was it hers? Was this a symbolic glimpse of my future running by me?

Three Doors Down

After spending the afternoon in the mall either shopping, walking around, or playing video games, we grabbed my last meal at Johnny Rockets. Yes, I decided to just grab a cheeseburger and a milkshake for my last solid food for a few days. I was actually quite full after just the burger and shake, probably since I have been eating too much the past few days. That's probably not a bad thing to have pigged out a bit considering I'll be holed up with an I.V. the next few days.

After dinner, we moved into the Holiday Inn Express after spending a night elsewhere due to occupancy overload in Scottsdale. Next up was the 3 Doors Down concert at Celebrity Theatre. Saliva, a rather hard rock band, was the opener. They weren't quite my style, but since the noise was actually at a respectable level, it was much easier to tolerate them.

After they finished, I was off to the bathroom. OK, this is one bad thing with transition....women's bathroom lines suck. Every time a guy walks by he either shakes his head or tells us how nice it is to be a guy.

3 Doors Down played a pretty good show. Could have been better....could have been worse. At least they were entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home