Saturday, February 05, 2005

I feel dirty

I went to another electrologist today. My usual one is out of town...running around in Asia somewhere. Since she won’t be back before I have SRS, and since I’ve noticed a few hairs pop up here and there on ol’ Junior, I decided to get them cleaned up by someone else. I’ve been to this other electro before, two and a half years ago, to get some hairs zapped after I had laser on my chest. She actually remembered me when I called her yesterday to schedule the appointment. When I showed up today she was amazed at how far I had come.

Like before, I allowed her to use blend - thermolysis and galvanic. The hard part is that I recently left my Emla and pain meds at my main electro and forgot to re-obtain them before this session. Luckily, the settings weren’t that high, and I was able to make it thru OK. I had her get every one of those little buggers that I could see. Every one. Even the small tiny gray ones that you can’t see unless you have a black background and enough light in order to catch the contrast. I would pull the skin up and look at the edge of it against the far wall to see where the hairs were. We did that about a dozen times in order to get them all. Hopefully the ones that do return can be zapped by Dr. Meltzer during SRS....the rest, I hope, will be small enough to never cause me any problems.

Terminology

As I chatted with this other electrologist, we talked about the demographics of her business. She said about 40% of her business were men, 5% tranny, and the rest were women.

I usually just say ‘T’ for anyone that is transgender, especially transsexual men and women. After I’d said it a few times, she said she kinda liked that better than ‘tranny’. I then had to explain to her that the word tranny was similar to the word ‘nigga/nigger’. It was ok for a transgender person to say it, but some people feel that it is derogatory if someone that is not transgender (or lesbian/gay/bi) says it. I don’t see a problem with ‘tranny’, but since my non-T friends hear my own verbiage, then tend to use ‘T’ as well. I’d hate to get them stuck on something that will cause them trouble later on.

I’ve also IM’d here and there with a few TS friends lately...especially if they know I am having SRS soon. They ask me if I am nervous, excited, anxious, etc. Yes. I am. During some of the conversations, I’ve used some of the terms I have used over the years: Junior and the boys. I think it’s kinda obvious what those represent. People laugh when they hear me use that reference. I told one person recently that I should come up with a new name for after SRS. Hmmm....Muffy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home